Social Media Research Methods
Time & Location
About the event
This workshop is intended to introduce and/or deepen understanding of qualitative research methods in social media.
- An overview of social media methods - examples of what can be achieved
- Discuss the data that can be extracted from different platforms listed and how it can be used to blend descriptive statistics with appropriate qualitative methods plus limitations and mitigations of each.
- Setting up APIs
- Crowdtangle for facebook and instagram
- RICC for social media data collection
- Facepager (APIs required)
- In depth walk through of collecting data with NCapture
- Importing to Nvivo and how it can be used in NVivo
- How to extract it and use it with excel
- And how it can be used with SketchEngine.
Dr Niamh Kirk is a digital media and communications researcher in University College Dublin and Dublin City University specialising in data science and hybrid research using mixed methods that blend quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
- Workshop Participant£0£00£0