- Wed, Feb 05Location is TBDPosthuman Futures: Transmedia, Weird Science, Furry FleshA mini-symposium featuring Lisa Blackman, Patricia MacCormack, and Jessica Austin. Followed by a wine reception & book launch for: The Ahuman Manifesto: Activism for the End of the Anthropocene (Bloomsbury Academic 2020). The event is FREE and ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Fri, Nov 22Location is TBDFrom Stages to PlatformsARCMedia Presents: Please join us for a research seminar with Professor Keith Negus (Goldsmiths, University of London) on Friday 22 November, from 5-6:30pm in Lab 215. The talk is entitled 'From Stages to Platforms: Music in the Post-Digital Economy'. The event is FREE and all are warmly welcome!
- Wed, Mar 20Location is TBDMusic as Imaginary Countercommunity: The Emergence, Dispersal, and Dissolution of a Dissenting Musical Subculture'ARCMedia Presents: Mark Sinker, 'Music as Imaginary Countercommunity: The Emergence, Dispersal, and Dissolution of a Dissenting Musical Subculture' Mark is former editor of The Wire magazine, and a former NME writer.
- Sat, Oct 20Anglia Ruskin UniversityTackling Image-based Abuse and “Revenge Porn”ARCMedia is proud to sponsor a Round Table, 'Tackling Image-based Abuse and “Revenge Porn,”' which emerges from ARCMedia co-director Dr Tanya Horeck's research on image-based abuse in the age of social media. This event is held in the context of the Cambridge Festival of Ideas, on Saturday 27 Oct
- Mon, Sep 03Anglia Ruskin UniversityBINGE-WATCHING AND THE FUTURE OF TELEVISION RESEARCH: A WORKSHOPARCMedia is pleased to announce a workshop on binge-watching and the future of television, organised by our very own binge-watching expert, Dr Mareike Jenner, and with keynotes by Dr Lisa Perks, (Merrimack College, Massachusetts) and ARCMedia co-director Dr Tanya Horeck.